The Bachelor 2021 Power Rankings (Week 4)
Definitely a fun twist when there are more women remaining at the end of week 4 than at the end of week 3.
NOTE: These power rankings account for everything that happens in the actual episodes. They do NOT take into account future episode previews or any spoilers floating around the Internet.
WARNING: SPOILERS from the fourth week coming.
- Michelle, 27, Teacher, Edina, MN (NEW) — Michelle is one of the five new women who arrive this week. She gets a one-on-one date with Matt, and it goes extremely well, resulting in her getting a rose. It’s obvious that they have strong chemistry — Matt says “the more time I’m spending with Michelle, I realize that we could have had fun literally doing anything.” They both also say they feel like they’ve known each other for a long time even though they just met. Matt appreciates her passion for education and making the world a better place, while she appreciates his community work with ABC Food Tours. It just seems like Matt and Michelle have a great deal of chemistry, especially considering that they’ve just met. Michelle is your new frontrunner.
- Bri, 24, a communications manager from San Francisco, Calif. (+1) — Bri gets a group date rose this week with Matt telling her “I can’t help how I feel and what I felt with you is real.” It’s clear that Bri and Matt have a strong relationship, and she is the first contestant this season to get both a one-on-one date rose as well as a group date rose. Expect Bri to make a deep run.
- Serena P., 22, a publicist from Toronto, Ontario, Canada (-1) — Serena P. takes a pretty hard punch to the nose during the boxing group date, but gets the consolation prize of Matt coming to comfort her afterwards. She just got a one-on-one date rose last week, so she is still a strong contender.
- Rachael, 24, a graphic designer from Cumming, Ga. (no change) — From her interviews, Rachael seems confident in the connection she shares with Matt. The fact that she has stayed relatively uninvolved in the house drama (at least from what we see) is probably a good sign for her long-term viability. The strongest contenders usually stay above the fray.
- Abigail, 25, a client financial manager from Beaverton, Ore. (-4) —Abigail drops out of the top spot in the power rankings for the first time this season. Although she got the first-impression rose, we just haven’t seen her relationship with Matt advance as much as some of the other women. I was expecting that she would have gotten a one-on-one date or a group date rose by now — the fact that she hasn’t is a warning sign. I think she’ll need one of those two in the next episode if she wants to make it to the end.
- Pieper, 23, a graduate student from Happy Valley, Ore. (+11) — Pieper is our biggest mover this week, moving up an incredible 11 spots. We didn’t seen much of her in the first three episodes, but it is clear now that she could go far. Matt tells her “the more time we spend together, the more and more I’m enjoying you and who you are” while Pieper tells him “I like you…every time I see you I smile…damn it! I like you!” They share a nice kiss during the group date cocktail party.
- Katie, 29, a bank marketing manager from Renton, Wash. (-1) — It sometimes seems like Katie is the only sane person on this show. While many of the other women gang up on the newcomers and tout themselves as the “OG Girls,” Katie correctly points out that they are being absolutely ridiculous bullies. In particular, she stands up to Victoria for being toxic and rude towards Sarah last week. At the end of the episode, she tells Matt about the mob mentality in the house — hopefully Matt will send some of the toxic individuals home next week. She does make some progress with her relationship with Matt this week — he tells her “the thing I respect most about you is you’re yourself, and you don’t care what other people think…I’m seeing you and I like what I see.” I’m not yet convinced of her romantic chemistry with Matt, but there is still quite a lot of time left. Katie may have a good shot at being the next Bachelorette — she seems to be a fan favorite because of her compassion and kindness.
- Chelsea, 28, a runway model from Brooklyn, N.Y. (+6) — Chelsea gets more screen time this week, with Matt complimenting her looks and confidence during the group date. One line that stands out is when he tells her “every time you come in the room is a wow moment.” Chelsea also shares a nice kiss with Matt during the group date.
- Lauren, 29, a corporate attorney from Miami, Fla. (-4) — Lauren remains in contention because of her previous group date rose, but other women advance their relationship with Matt further this week.
- Brittany, 23, Model, Chicago, IL (NEW) — Brittany makes a bold entrance this week with a steamy make out session with Matt during her limo entrance. She instantly draws ire from the other women in the house, who envy her confidence and novelty. Anna in particular gets really nasty, starting a rumor that she is an escort — just on the basis that “she knows all the rich men in Chicago”. I think that Brittany could have a really solid shot, but she has two big obstacles to overcome: (1) The “OG Girls” gang is going after her hard, and the dynamics of the house may rattle her to the point where she cannot advance her relationship with Matt (2) Her late entrance could make it hard for her to quickly develop a strong connection.
- Mari, 24, a marketing director from Odenton, Md. (-3) — Mari seems somewhat confident in her relationship with Matt. In one of her interviews, she says that they are “on a steady, positive train right now.” She has been getting more interviews, and wins the Fall in Love Fest group date race.
- Kit, 21, a socialite from New York City, N.Y. (-1) — During a group date, Matt tells Kit “I love being around you.” He seems to really like her confidence and personality, so we’ll see where this goes.
- Jessenia, 27, a social media marketer from San Antonio, Texas (-4) — We haven’t seen as much of Jessenia lately, which is usually not a good sign. But it’s possible that she may resurface once some of the early season drama fades.
- Catalina, 29, Former Miss Puerto Rico, Caguas, PR (NEW) — As one of the five new women, Catalina seems genuinely taken aback by the level of vitriol directed at her by the “OG Girls.” She gets the final rose of this week’s rose ceremony for dramatic effect.
- Anna, 24, a copywriter from Chicago, Ill. (-2) — The arrival of five new women this week really rattles Anna — she takes on a particular loathing towards fellow Chicagoan Brittany. She makes up a completely unfounded rumor about Brittany being an escort, creating a ton of drama in the house. Looks like she and Victoria are stepping up to be co-villains as the ringleaders of the “OG Girls.” I don’t see Anna lasting very long — she is getting involved in too much drama and wouldn’t be getting this edit if she made it to the end.
- Victoria, 27, a queen from Los Angeles, Calif. (-9) — Looks like Victoria is the villain again! As Katie puts it, “Victoria seems to thrive on being mean to other girls.” Her viciousness towards Sarah last week and the new girls this week really is quite jarring, particularly when she tells Brittany to “get out of the house” after she opens up about her struggles as a newcomer. Victoria really needs to go home — hopefully it will happen now that Katie has told Matt about all the bullying in the house. The big question at this point is if she will last long enough to have a dramatic 2-on-1 date showdown in a future episode.
- Magi, 32, a pharmacist from Adwa, Ethiopia (+1) — Maggie really struggled with the group date boat race this week.
- Ryan, 26, Dancer/Choreographer, Brooklyn, NY (NEW) — Ryan is another one of the five newcomers this week. I don’t quite see her as a top contender — several of the other newcomers (particularly Michelle and Brittany) have stronger connections with Matt and it is hard to come in this late regardless.
- Serena C., 24, a flight attendant from San Francisco, Calif. (-7) — Serena also seems to get rattled by the presence of the five new women. She sides with the “OG Girls” and makes some pretty aggressive comments about the newcomers, calling them ‘ignorant’ and saying “territory is territory. You don’t want people coming in and disrupting that. And that sounds very warlike but it’s just kind of like who I am.”
- MJ, 23, a hairstylist from Hudson, Ohio (-5) — MJ also joins the mean girls squad this week, ganging up on the five newcomers.
- Kim, 28, ICU Nurse, Los Angeles, CA (NEW) — Kim is the only one of the five newcomers that gets sent home at her first rose ceremony. That must really suck to wait four weeks in your room alone before getting sent home almost immediately.
- Kaili, 26, a hostess from Chicago, Ill. (previously #16) — Kaili made a bold entrance night one but wasn’t able to continue the momentum in subsequent weeks.
- Khaylah, 28, a healthcare advocate from Durham, N.C. (previously #10) — Khaylah looked like a strong contender on night one because of her cultural connection with Matt as a fellow North Carolinian, but I think she struggled to find her footing in such a crowded environment.